The first Annual General Meeting of TCLT will take place on Saturday 11 September 2021 at 10:30am at Tenterden Town Hall, 24 High Street, Tenterden TN30 6AN
- Local people taking control of the provision of local housing for local people
- Providing stable and secure housing that is genuinely affordable and reserved for local people in perpetuity
- Ensuring a balanced and inclusive community where people of all ages, incomes and backgrounds can find a place
- Making a positive contribution to and enhancing the social and economic well-being and physical environment of our town
- To create with our community a locally controlled body which will enable and campaign for the provision of community led homes.
- To achieve a wide and diverse membership and to be accountable to them, and through them, to the wider community
How we do it
- Harness the energy and experience of local people to bring about provision of homes that match the needs of the community
- Using the opportunities provided by the creation of the Tenterden Community Land Trust to access funds and work with organisations helpful to achieving the community’s objectives
- Promoting the local economy through local jobs, houses for workers, and the use of locally-sourced materials
- Operating in a sustainable manner to limit our impact on the planet.