The Tenterden Christmas Lights ~ The Tenterden Illuminations
From the end of November to beyond the New Year, Tenterden invites you to witness a magical transformation. Mark your calendars for Friday, 24th November 2023. The official lighting ceremony of the Town Hall Christmas Tree begins at 5pm. Meanwhile, the main Christmas Illuminations on High Street will be lit by 3.30pm. For more details, visit here
Venture to High Street after sunset and see Kent's most breathtaking Christmas display. The avenue of trees in Tenterden is lit every day at approximately 3.30pm. With miniature Christmas trees gracing many High Street shops, the sparkling display continues until 10.30pm.
For a serene experience, consider visiting after 7pm. After enjoying the view, park your vehicle (free parking after 6pm and all-day free parking on Sundays at Bridewell Lane Car Park) and treat yourself at one of our exquisite pubs or eateries. Afterwards, a stroll down High Street lets you marvel at the illuminations up close. Capture the magic: #tenterdenlights
Behind the Illuminations
- Organisers: The Tenterden Illuminations are a collaborative effort, primarily by the Tenterden Town Council, in conjunction with various town groups.
- Tenterden Town Council is responsible for lighting the majority of trees on High Street, key trees in the central High Street area, select trees at the Recreation Ground, the Coombe Lane display, Christmas trees at West Cross and Fat Ox Green, and the light arrangement at East Cross Gardens near the Fairings shops.
- Tenterden Chamber of Commerce, with the support of Ashford Borough Council, manages the lighting of the small Christmas trees that hang above the shops on High Street and St Michaels.
- The Town’s Christmas Tree: Each year, the Christmas tree outside the Town Hall is generously donated by Hole Park Estates in Rolvenden to the Tenterden Rotary Club. The tree is decorated by the Rotary Club.
- Local Contribution: Individual shops take pride in decorating their shop windows and storefronts, adding their unique touch to the festive display.