Moretto’s Italian BBQ Truck open most Friday and Saturday evenings 5.30pm to 9pm by the entrance to Market Square for our takeaway menu, including the Moretto’s Burger and our Mixed Grill Box.
You will be able to keep a safe distance from each other and be in the outside too. If you prefer you will be able to ring your order in to 07810 683217. See the menu below
The pop-up will be bring a variety of classic Italian dishes, created with locally sourced Kentish ingredients. Gerry Avena grew up in large Italian family in North London in the ‘70s, as well as spending long hot summers in the ancient family hometown of Quaglietta in rural Campania, Italy. Eating home-made dinners together with extended family and friends amongst the olive groves of Quaglietta are a distinct memory of Gerry’s childhood, as are Maria Moretto’s (Gerry’s Mamma), recipes for sirloin steak tagliata, lemon-marinated chicken and traditional pork and fennel meatballs in Napoletana sauce. It’s these dishes and memories that Moretto’s Italian BBQ will bring to Tenterden this summer.
Each of the dishes are available for takeaway, and can be served on bread or in a larger meal box with Tuscan herbed potatoes, Mediterranean vegetables and salad.
STREET FOOD MENU
- SIRLOIN STEAK SERVED WITH ROCKET & PARMESAN SHAVINGS ON PUGLIESE BREAD DIPPED IN BEEF STOCK
- MARINATED CHICHEN THIGH, WITH CHILLI & ROSEMARY, COATED IN A BALSAMIC GLAZE TOPPED WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES IN FOCACCIA BREAD
- ITALIAN ‘LUCANICA’ SAUSAGES - CRACKED PEPPER & FENNEL TOPPED WITH RED CARAMELIZED ONIONS ON A BED OF LETTUCE IN A PIADINI FLAT BREAD
- MAMMA’S SPICY MEATBALLS WITH SHREDDED MOZZARELLA IN A RUSTICO ROLL
- TUSCAN POTATOES
- NEW Moretto’s Italian Burger with n’duja sausage, roasted peppers, caramelised onions, mozzarella and spicy relish served in focaccia bread
ALL DISHES ABOVE CAN BE SERVED IN A BOX WITH TUSCAN POTATOES & SALAD
Visit the Moretto’s Italian BBQ pop-up at the entrance to Tenterden’s Market Square from 6pm on Friday and Saturday evenings