COVID UPDATE. A message from Steve at SJ Fruits, the fruit & veg stall. We are open and we have plenty of produce for everyone’s needs. Open 7am - 1pm, fruit/veg, 25kg sacks of potatoes, pickles, local honey, local apple juice, free range eggs and more. Cash or card/ contactless payments. Every Friday. Special date before Christmas Day, we will be at the market on Wednesday 23 December for all your Christmas produce
Every Friday in Market Square, Tenterden, the following stalls are normally present:
The fruit and veg stall is open from about 7am until 2pm (some stalls are from 7.30am, the bread stall from 8am)
- Fruit and veg stall, eggs, apple juice (Stephen and Thereza Moore, SJ Fruits 07766 316155 www.twitter.com/sjfruits)
- Bread, pastries and cake stall (Brown Bread, Unit 11c, Dunsteads Farm, Trueloves Lane, Ingatestone, Essex CM4 0NJ, Tel: 01277 354396 / 01277 353711)
- Seafood, fresh & smoked fish, an amazing selection of freshly caught fish and seafood (Seafood, 71 Western Road, Bexhill on Sea TN40 1DT, Tel: 01424 219096)
- Zero Waste on Wheels, refill your bottles/buy a bottle to refill: Laundry detergent, washing up liquid, fabric conditioner, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, handwash, sanitiser, surface cleaner, toilet cleaner, window & glass, hard water rinse aid, dishwasher powder & more. Attends every two weeks
- Olives, nuts, Greek pastries (not every week)
- Jams and Chutney (not every week)
- Plants, shrubs & flowers
- Barbara from Felicity Fudge (Felicity is her daughter's name!). Barbara has the most delicious fudge - ginger, salted caramel, clotted cream, chocolate brownie, rum & raisin, & lots more.
Some stalls from 7am (the bread stall normally from 8am onwards). A selection of small independent businesses offering a large range of high quality produce to suite every taste and budget.
Businesses also in Market Square: Savannah Coffee Shop (serving breakfast, light snacks, lunches and more, wines and beer), Farm Butcher (meat from own and local farms)
Location: Cellars Market Square next to Majestic Wine Store at the entrance to Waitrose car park. From the High Street we are behind Savannahs Coffee Shop & M&Co
If you are interested in a stall in Market Square or want to know more, please contact Pierre Edmonds on 07770 500251