East Cross Christmas Market
East Cross Layby (the layby outside This Ancient Boro), High Street, Tenterden
Christmas Craft Stalls. Christmas Shopping, Christmas Food Stalls & Mega Raffle
Saturday 16 December 2023, 11am-3pm
Christmastime in Tenterden
The event is to raise money for the Big Wrap (Tenterden & St Michaels). The Big Wrap supports families in the community who may be experiencing difficult times to have an enjoyable Christmas. Mega Raffle for the Big Wrap with prizes from the stallholders and local shops and businesses in Tenterden
Beautiful Christmas Market stalls for Christmas shopping in Tenterden:
- Marc Taylor Vodka
- Mrs McGoo Scottish Tablet - every batch of delicious Scottish Tablet is freshly made and hand packed by owner Sharon McGoo (5* rating from Rother Council), a taste of Scotland with Mrs McGoo Scottish Tablet - rhubarb, traditional, ginger, chocolate, coffee
- Victoria Johnson Jewellery - Silver & gold jewellery. Handmade Jewellery from British Designer Victoria Johnson from Ashford
- Kristina Boulden from Romney Marsh Wools in Aldington. British wool products including throws, cushions, hats, scarves, toiletries, gifts, yarn, raw wool and much more
- Jade Field from Jades Sweet Bakes in Hastings, delicious baked goods; brownies, blondies, cookie pies, rocky roads. Teas, coffees, hot chocolate, cold drinks. 5 star food hygiene rating (Hastings Borough Council)
- Allison Farias from VV Worthy Gift Shop in Coombe Lane in Tenterden. Tagua Nut made jewellery hand finished in Tenterden plus beautiful ornaments. Eco friendly clothing such as winter hats, scarves, designed with Tagua nut.
- Richard Collison, Kent & Sussex Hop Pockets in Rolvenden. Hop Pockets, Cushions, Doordogs, Doorstops, Pictures and Fabrics
- Kelly from Allura Craft in Sheerness. Lightweight, unusual only few of a kind, colourful and eye catching polymer clay earrings, rope hand knotted necklaces, yarn hand woven necklaces
- Isabella from Candlewise in Benenden. Beautiful container and pillar candles, reed diffusers, scoopable melts, incenses, air fresheners, aroma stones, wax lanterns.
- Colin Steer from Woodchurch. Cheese boards, baskets, craft items
- Sophie West from Sophie West Floristry in Rolvenden. Christmas wreaths both fresh and dried, potted up plants, jam jar flowers, flower crowns
- Toni & Steve Marsh from Natural Sparkes in Tenterden. Resin decor and jewellery, some mixed media
- Joanne Jeffery from The Pebble Picture People in Bexhill, pebble pictures & cards
- Liza Townsend Stained Glass from Tenterden. Hand made stained glass. Light catchers, stained glass panels, Christmas decorations. All made by Liza in her studio.
- Jude Jefferies from Baby Adore in Ashford. Hand crocheted baby clothes and items
- Debra Gardner from FlipNtoze in Northiam. Hand embellished sandals with handmade jewellery
- Hermina from Korko UK Taste Exquisite Africa in Maidstone. African inspired non alcoholic drinks made with Kent apples
- Street Food Truck - Bun Buddies Mobile gourmet burger from Headcorn, Gourmet burgers, Chicken fries, Kofte fries. Try the Kofte fries! Fries topped with lamb kofte, onion salad, feta cheese and homemade tzatziki!! 5 star food hygiene rating (Maidstone Borough Council)
Photos - some of the stallholders
Who is running the event?
The event is being run by Caroline Blair (Big Wrap), Sarah (This Ancient Boro), and some of the Spirit Festival Team - Sue Ferguson (My Tenterden), Verne Sanderson (Sandstone Event Services), & Justin Nelson (Nelson Mclean).
OTHER EVENTS IN TENTERDEN
SPIRIT OF TENTERDEN FESTIVAL
Tenterden Recreation Ground.
Spirit of Tenterden Festival 5-7 July 2024.
Applications open now