COVID UPDATE July 2020. The Lemon Tree in Tenterden is open from Saturday 4th July every day from 9am. As there will be a small restriction on numbers we can seat, we will be taking reservations for Breakfast, Coffee, Lunch & Teas for our Privilege Club Members to make sure you can get in. The phone will be manned 9-5 from Thursday 2nd July. So call 01580 763381 to make your reservation. Our priority is to re-open and keep both our customers and staff as safe as we can. Whilst we wait for Government guidelines, we will be introducing the following measures:
• On arrival you will need to hand sanitise.
• Please wait to be seated and say if you have booked
• If you need to queue, please keep 1 metre apart
• Please show your Privilege Club Card when asking for the bill
• Please Order and Pay at your table DO NOT go to the till
• The tables and any items you need such as Salt & Pepper will be sanitised
• Only 1 person will be allowed in the Toilets at a time
• Please leave by either the central corridor or far entrance, NOT the main entrance
• Dogs are now allowed in the Lemon Tree (in the first section only)
The Lemon Tree Restaurant in Tenterden is housed in a 14th century heavily timbered former Wealden Hall House, reputedly visited by King Henry VIII. Open every day, this traditional English restaurant offers unashamedly great British ‘comfort’ food.
Full English breakfasts with great local sausages, lunchtime favourites such as homemade steak and ale pie using the local ‘Spitfire’ ale, liver and bacon with fluffy leek and onion mash, and a hot dessert of the day to ‘die’ for, make the Lemon Tree Restaurant in Tenterden a must!
No visit to Tenterden would be complete without a Kentish cream tea at the Lemon Tree. We bake our scones fresh every day, using award winning strawberry preserve, whilst our cakes, bakes and delicious desserts are homemade. Crispy crumpets, hot buttered toasted tea cakes and smoked salmon finger sandwiches, complete your quest for a deluxe cream tea.
We use as much local produce as possible. Farm Butchers of Tenterden, make the best ‘Bangers’ for miles around, supply great hams for us to cook and sugar roast and tender English lamb and 28 day matured beef for our steaks. Our fruiterer from Biddenden, sources produce from the ‘Garden of England’ and we stock local cider from Biddenden Vineyards who also supply us with a beautiful fruity Ortega white wine.
The Lemon Tree Café and Restaurant Tenterden for breakfast, morning coffee, cakes, pastries, light bites served all day, lunches, afternoon teas, Kentish cream teas, desserts and drinks and wine. Group bookings, privilege club, outside catering, gluten free.