COVID UPDATE, Jan 2021
The Morettos Street Food Truck will be at the Old Dairy Brewery, Tenterden Station Yard on selected Saturdays. Join us for bacon rolls and breakfast from 10am then lunch and dinner with our takeaway menu later on until 7pm. We’ll have a few specials including our pork burgers and porchetta as well as our usual takeaway menu, so you can collect your favourite food and beers all in one place.
Moretto’s Italian BBQ
Catering/Food Truck for food festivals, events and private parties
Based in Tenterden but travels over the South East
Authentic Italian cooking and ingredients, Italian BBQ classics with a variety of recipes. The dishes served by Moretto’s Italian BBQ can be tailored for your own needs for your event.
For the Morettos Food Truck on Tenterden High Street every Friday and Saturday evening see here
OUR TYPICAL MENU COMPRISES
- Italian lucanica sausages – cracked pepper & fennel served with caramelised red onion chutney on piadini flatbread
- Tagliata di Manzo – Sirloin steak (served sliced) with rocket & Grana Padano cheese on Pugliese bread dipped in rich beef stock
- Home-made Italian meatballs in a rich tomato sauce topped with mozzarella served in focaccia bread
- Marinated lemony chicken thighs, skewered and served with Tuscan potatoes & Mediterranean salad
- Frittata with ricotta, spinach & courgettes (V)
- Vegetable skewers (V)
- Cubed herbed potatoes
- San Pellegrino soft drinks & mineral water
- Full range of coffees/tea
After 35 years experience as Chef Patron of his 10 Italian restaurants and cafés in London and South East, Gerry Avena is now bringing his passion for authentic Italian cooking and ingredients to the road in the Moretto’s Italian BBQ food truck. Gerry grew up in large Italian family in North London in the 70s, spending long hot summers in the ancient family hometown of Quaglietta in rural Campania, Italy. Eating home-made dinners together with extended family and friends amongst the olive groves of Quaglietta are a distinct memory of Gerry’s childhood, as are Maria Moretto’s (Gerry’s Mamma), recipes for steak tagliata, chicken cacciatore and traditional pork and fennel meatballs in Napoletana sauce.
Contact Gerry Avena
Moretto’s Italian BBQ
Tel: 07810 683217