Photo above taken in November 2019
Mockford Alley, High Street, Tenterden - nestles between the Sue Ryder Charity Shop and Tenterden Antiques Centre (2022). The alley used to lead to the Salvation Army Citadel
From the book "Town and Hundred of Tenterden 1974"
Mockford Alley, which leads to the Salvation Army Citadel, defines the limits of the original Glebe lands. The angle at which Nos. 60 to 66 stand to the street may well reflect the mediaeval limits of the Church's property here. It was only in 1880 that Mr. Lewis received permission to bring his shop forward to the building line newly established by the Borough Surveyor, from the Westminster (then London & County) Bank to the Vine Inn. https://www.mytenterden.co.uk/directory/town-and-hundred-of-tenterden-1974-article-372.aspx
Photos taken February 2022