Tenterden’s Steam Railway
Kent & East Sussex Railway
Steam train and diesel train journeys
The Kent and East Sussex Railway is one of the country's finest examples of a preserved rural light railway. The railway’s beautifully restored steam locomotive and carriages will take everyone on a journey through the beautiful Wealden countryside to Bodiam where passengers can choose to take a 15 minute walk to see the amazing Bodiam Castle. A valid Kent & East Sussex Railway Travel Card will allow passengers to hop on and off at any of the stations along the ten and a half mile line but also allows discounted admission into this magnificent Medieval Castle ruin which is owned by the National Trust.
The Art Deco Station Refreshment Rooms at Tenterden serves a range of refreshments and is open between 10am and 4.30pm every day that train services operate. It is accessible to wheelchair users. Menus change daily.
Summer Fun - Kids Travel for Free
Kids go FREE with our super summertime ticket offer - it's the perfect way to explore the Rother Valley. This summer families can enjoy a fun day out on Tenterden’s Steam Railway while enjoying a fantastic summer promotion which allows one Child to travel for free with every Adult TravelCard purchased. The promotion will run between 25 July and 3 September 2017.
Activities this summer:
- FREE Punch and Judy and Magic Shows every Monday and Wednesday
- FREE Face painters every Tuesday and Thursday
- "Monday Madness" FREE dessert for each hot meal purchased on any Monday in the summer holidays
- "Fishy Fridays" glass of wine, local real ale or soft drink with a delicious Adult Fish & Chip lunch for just £10 in our restaurant
- Take the steam train to Bodiam, where your railway ticket provides discounted entry to the popular National Trust castle
- Park FREE & Ride on the train from Northiam Station to Tenterden, where the idyllic tree lined High Street is full of tempting speciality shops
- Book online to save 10%
Family £34.20 (online*) £38 (ticket office)
2 adults & up to 3 children (15yrs & under) or 1 adult & up to 4 children (15yrs & under)
Adult £16.20 (online*) £18 (ticket office) (16yrs & over)
Child (3-15) £10.80 (online*) £12 (ticket office)
Summer Promotion (one child travels free with the purchase of an £18 adult travelcard between 25 July and 3 September)
* When booked before midnight of the preceding day
All tickets include unlimited travel throughout the day, entry to the railway museum and Cavell van
To book tickets visit www.kesr.org.uk
Kent & East Sussex Railway, Tenterden Town Station, Station Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6HE. Tel: 01580 765155